Visualize Scaffolding with Augmented Reality
Avontus Viewer® is a desktop and mobile application that helps you design complete and accurate scaffolds. Aside from 3D and virtual reality (VR), you can now view your designs with augmented reality (AR). If this is your first time using Avontus Viewer, read more below about how to setup the application, upload your custom designs and navigate scaffolding in AR from any mobile device.
If your team is already using Avontus Viewer, skip to Navigate a Scaffold Model in AR to read more about how to use this new feature.
Avontus Viewer is only available for Windows 7+ and requires the .NET Framework. To install Avontus Viewer, follow the instructions below:
1. Visit www.scaffoldvr.com where you will find a free download for Avontus Viewer.
2. Click Install Avontus Viewer.
Note: If you need to install .NET Framework, then select ‘Click Here to Install’
3. Click Save File and when the application installer is done downloading, double-click the Avontus Viewer Installer Icon to launch installation.
1. To setup your Avontus Viewer account, start by launching the application from your desktop computer. Select Create Account underneath the login and fill out the information for Name, Email and Password.
2. Agree to the Terms & Conditions and select the checkmark in bottom lefthand corner to complete the setup process.
You will receive an email confirming your setup and then you can get started with your new account.
You can launch Avontus Viewer for Desktop by either clicking on the desktop icon or by selecting the Avontus Viewer icon in the Model tab of the 3D view window in Avontus Designer®.
1. To launch from the Avontus Viewer, first start by launching Avontus Designer and opening an existing drawing that you’d like to view with Avontus Viewer. Select the Model tab in the 3D view window and select the Avontus Viewer icon.
2. Avontus Viewer will automatically launch. Enter your credentials, including your email address and password.
Now that you a Avontus Viewer for desktop, we’ll walk you through the process of installing the application on your mobile device where you’ll be able to navigate scaffolding in AR.
2. Tap on the Avontus Viewer app icon from your home screen to launch the application. Enter your email address, password and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
With Avontus Viewer installed on both devices, now it’s time to upload a scaffold model from Avontus Designer.
1. Launch the drawing that you’d to upload with Avontus Designer.
2. Navigate to the Model tab and select the Avontus Viewer icon.
3. Simply select the upload button in the lower right-hand corner after Avontus Viewer launches.
1. To navigate through your scaffold in AR, start by launching Avontus Viewer from a mobile device. Locate and tap on the drawing that you’d like to view in AR. Start by selecting Ground Plane AR and then select AR.
2. Point your device toward an indoor or outdoor horizontal surface, like a tabletop or installation site and Tap the Screen to see your drawing in AR. To make it easier to place your scaffold model, we’ll be sending existing customers a Avontus Viewer Target Coast and you can download and print a Avontus Viewer Target for your team.